- Glass with screw cap
- 100 g Basil
- 50 g Bio hemp seeds, hulled
- 50 g Parmesan
- 5 dinner spoon Bio hemp oil
- 5 dinner spoon Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 table spoon Lemon juice
- Sea salt, pepper
- Wash basil, pat dry and pluck leaves from stems. Peel garlic and chop coarsely. Grind the hemp seeds with a mortar and pestle.
- Blend basil leaves, garlic, parmesan and hemp oil until smooth, then stir in lemon juice
- Pesto with sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fill the finished pesto into a jar with a screw cap and store in the refrigerator. The pesto tastes best if you leave it to infuse overnight.
When harvesting basil, you should cut whole shoot tips to a length of about 5 cm instead of just picking the large leaves. Use sharp scissors or a knife for this. Make the cut just above a leaf node, then more branching can sprout at that point. One pair of leaves should always remain. If you harvest your basil correctly, you will enjoy the plant longer.
Serving: 100 gCalories: 471 kcalCarbohydrates: 2.6 gProtein: 11.2 gFat: 46 g